The window takes the life and work of three Redemptorists as its theme, namely Saint John Neumann, The Blessed Kaspar Stanggassinger and the Blessed Peter Donders.
The left panel shows the Blessed Kaspar Stanggassinger teaching a group of German students with the school in the background.
The centre panel shows St John Neumann who was assigned by the Bishop of New York to work with recent German immigrants. He is depicted welcoming a poor family, father, and mother with a child in her arms. St John was consecrated in Baltimore as Bishop of Philadelphia and is shown in vestments. His shrine, is at St. Peter the Apostle Church in Philadelphia. The church depicted at the foot of the panel is St Philomena's Philadelphia, the Cathedral Church where he lived and worked as a Bishop.
The right panel illustrates the Blessed Peter Donders in Dutch Guiana (now the Republic of Suriname), administering to the sick in a leper colony. Native huts and a palm tree form the background, setting the scene and balancing the school in the left panel.
In the tracery above are symbols of sacraments, flanking the figure of Our Lady in the centre.
The new stained glass window was blessed by Archbishop Kelly on Friday the 16th October 2009 - the Feast of St Gerard Majella.
The window has been produced by Pendle Stained Glass Ltd of Padiham, and is composed of Hand –Made Glass throughout.
MILLENNIUM "JUBILEE" WINDOW
The theme for the window is Jubilee, expressing the idea of freedom, renewal and the breaking of chains. The bright colours used express light and new life, with the children in the window representing new beginnings, abundant possibilities and future development.
THE TRINITY: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. In the tracery is a sun meaning God the Creator and at the centre is Christ the King. The Dove is the symbol of the Holy Spirit, 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me'. This theme is also shown symbolically, three in one, by the three interlaced circles in various tinted whites. Inside the circles the colours are white and gold, reminding us that Christ is 'The Light of the World'.
THE EUCHARIST: Represented in the centre panel by the figure of Christ the King, holding a chalice, 'Do this in remembrance of me'. Behind Christ is a cross, coloured green, the living cross, the symbol of spring, the triumph of life over death, regeneration and hope. Below the central figure is an 'oikumene' shell with water issuing, the symbol of the sacrament of Baptism and the ecumenical life of our church, 'One Lord, one faith, one baptism'.
THE COMMUNITY: With the Eucharist as the centre, there are two family groups, one in each side light, of different ethnic origins. Behind the figure of Christ are indications of buildings and dwellings, symbols of the community. The two cathedrals of Liverpool have also been included in the background.
SYMBOLS: At the bottom are shown:- The Redemptorist crest, logos for CAFOD (Third World Development), SPUC (Protection of Unborn Children), LAMP (Support of Archdiocesan priests working in Latin America) and SURVIVE-MIVA (Liverpool charity providing transport for missionaries). The Whole Window represents the sacramental life of the Church.
The window was designed and made to our brief by PENDLE STAINED GLASS OF PADIHAM, LANCASHIRE, and was dedicated on June 15th, 2000, by THE MOST REVEREND PATRICK KELLY, ARCHBISHOP OF LIVERPOOL.
- Parish Quiz night 1.2.20
- Coffee morning 2.2.20
- Mass In Honour Of Our Lady Of Lourdes 11.2.20
- CTMH Walking Group 10.2.20
- Dementia friendly Afternoon Tea & Singalong 31.1.20
- Barn Dance and Ceili 23.2.20
- Walsingham Pilgrimage
- Recovery from Divorce and Separation meetings
- Justice and Peace Youth Group Table Sale 9.2.20
- MEDJUGORJE IRISH CENTRE PILGRIMAGES APRIL - OCT 2020:
- Exploring our Faith - restarts 16th January
- SYNOD2020 Talks
- Little Church and Children’s Liturgy
- Hairdresser Required for Project Zimbabwe fundraiser
- 18-35 years old? Passionate about the climate?
- Lourdes with Leisure Time Travel - Oct 2020
- Women's Group Newsletter January 2020
- Please join the Gift Aid Scheme
- Safeguarding - Net aware
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- Dementia friendly Afternoon Tea & Singalong Dates for 2020
- Pope's prayer intention for January
- Pastoral Area Website
- Year of the Word CAFOD resources
- 6.00pm Readers Rota
- Year of the Word 2020
- Claire House Volunteers
- Portraits of Redemptorists around the world
- Marie Curie Helper Service
- VOLUNTEER WITH NUGENT
- Nugent - Pre-loved campaign
- Safe Internet courses
- THE ARCHBISHOP ROMERO TRUST
- SYNOD 2020 an update July 2019
- NSPCC on line safety video series
- A message for business owners from the Medaille trust
- Cathedral Walking Group 16.2.20
- Could you be a Cathedral Guide?
- SYNOD Reflective evenings
- SYNOD Themes - an update
- Celebration of Marriage and Family Life 9.2.20
- Confirmations 2020
- Why we need more deacons?
- Be a Cathedral Guide
- SYNOD 2020 Talks audio & download
- St Bernadette Team - with Animate
- Animate +
- SYNOD 2020 Next steps
- Report on the SYNOD Listening Process
- Sowers, Seeds and Sowing
- Diploma and Certificate in Pastoral Ministry and Leadership
- SYNOD talks
- Little Church and Children’s Liturgy - please note
- NUGENT – Charity shop appeal
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group