Redemptorist Community News
The Parish Team
Fr Tim Buckley C.Ss.R
Fr Charles Randall C.Ss.R
Other members of the Redemptorist Community
Fr . Andrew Burns C.Ss.R
Fr Andrew Burns is the Rector of the Community in the Monastery. Other community members are the parish team above plus:
Fr. Barrie O'Toole C.Ss.R
Fr Jim Casey C.Ss.R
Fr James Smale C.Ss.R
Fr. Brian Russell C.Ss.R
Fr. Kevin Callaghan C.Ss.R
Fr. Tony Hunt C.Ss.R
Fr Tony Johnson C.Ss.R
Fr. Michael Henesy C.Ss.R
Br William McDermott C.Ss.R
Br. Michael Duxberry C.Ss.R
Fr Barrie returns to the community tomorrow, Monday 15, which is a wonderful Christmas present for us. He has completed his course of treatment. Now we hope that he will be able to have the original operation reversed sometime in the New Year. Again he thanks everyone for all the prayers and good wishes.
Today the "Year of Consecrated Life" begins and will run until 2 Feb 2016. Pope Francis is asking us all to celebrate and pray for consecrated life; become more aware of and consider joining consecrated life. We have plenty of examples around, the Redemptorists, the SND sisters and the Focolare movement. Please keep consecrated people in your prayers especially during this year.
For more information go to www.redemptorists.co.uk;
From Fr. Richard : I shall be in Spain making a 100 mile pilgrimage walk to Santiago de Compostela to give thanks to God for our Redemptorist Vocations, and to pray for vocations for the future. Please join us in prayer for this intention, 30 August—7 September. If you check out the website, www.redemptorists.co.uk , you can follow us each day.
Fr. Richard speaks about why he and a group of others will be walking the last 100 miles of the Camino
Prayer for Redemptorist Vocations
we thank you for the blessings you have given us
in Christ our Redeemer.
Let your Spirit overshadow your people,
making your gentle invitation heard in many hearts.
Lord of the Harvest,
bless the Redemptorist family
throughout the world with many vocations,
so that those in greatest need
will experience the Good News of Redemption.
May your love grow among us
and your kingdom come,
through Christ our Lord.
Stained Glass, taken from the house in Sunderland, has been fitted in the windows of the Monastery Oratory. They depict St Alphonsus, St Gerard and St Clement. Fr Richard will be taking pictures and adding them to the Redemptorist website during the week.
A Warm Welcome to Fr Tony Hunt, C.Ss.R. who joined the community last week. Tony was born in Knolle Park and baptised at St Mary's. Brought up on the Wirral he was ordained at Bishop Eton in 1967. He has spent all his working life as a Redemptorist in the Rustenburg missionary territory of South Africa. In spite of a number of health problems he remains his vibrant cheerful self.
Bishop Ralph's Installation in Hallam. Bishop Ralph Heskett was duly installed as the new Bishop of Hallam last Thursday. It was a very happy event with a liturgy to fit the occasion. Since he has also been asked to be Apostolic Administrator of Gibraltar until a new bishop is appointed there, he certainly has his work cut out. Please keep him in your prayers.
Jubilee Celebration today at the 11.30am Mass. Today is in fact the 50th Anniversary of the Ordinations of Frs Anthony Johnson and Jim Casey. We congratulate them and assure them of our prayers and good wishes. They will concelebrate today's Mass at 11.30 a.m. "Ad multos annos" is the traditional good wish of the Redemptorists "for many more years" to come.
General Visitation: We have welcomed Fr Jacek Zorzalek CSsR (from Poland), who is with us this weekend. Unfortunately Fr João Pedro Fernandes (from Angola) has not yet arrived in the country, but hopes to join in the visitation of the rest of the Province in the coming weeks.
On 3 December Bishop Eton will play host for the day to all the confrères who are able to come to conclude the visitation of the Province. Fr Michael Brehl (our General) will be present for that meeting.
Page 10 of 11
- Jack Traynor - Miracle at Lourdes 25.5.19
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- St Mary's Parish Walk 8.6.19
- Dementia Awareness Week at St Mary's 2019
- Women's Group - Llangollen trip
- A talk on the situation in Bethlehem
- Vocations weekend for young women
- Dementia Action Week - Free Market Place 24.5.19
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- May devotions at St Mary's Woolton
- Theological talks at St Charles Aigburth
- SFX Plant sale
- Come and See October 2019
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Annual Novena - can you help?
- Are you 25 to 40?
- Polling Day - Public Service Announcement
- CTMH Walking Group 10.6.19
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Women's Group Newsletter May 2019
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- SVP recruitment appeal March 2019
- CATENIAN BURSARY FUND
- The 'SYNOD' questions and SYNOD Survey
- Youth Synod 2018 - Final Document
- CTBI statement regarding Brexit and prayer
- Mass Intentions
- SVP food collection
- Mass Intentions
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Dementia Information
- Pentecost - Journeying together
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- Metropolitan Cathedral - Chorister recruitment
- Gin Tasting - Gibberd Room Metropolitan Cathedral
- Cathedral Book Club 30.5.19
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- CATHEDRAL - LADIES DAY 29.6.18
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group