Redemptorist Community News
The Parish Team
Fr Tim Buckley C.Ss.R
Fr Charles Randall C.Ss.R
Other members of the Redemptorist Community
Fr . Andrew Burns C.Ss.R
Fr Andrew Burns is the Rector of the Community in the Monastery. Other community members are the parish team above plus:
Fr. Barrie O'Toole C.Ss.R
Fr Jim Casey C.Ss.R
Fr James Smale C.Ss.R
Fr. Brian Russell C.Ss.R
Fr. Kevin Callaghan C.Ss.R
Fr. Tony Hunt C.Ss.R
Fr Tony Johnson C.Ss.R
Fr. Michael Henesy C.Ss.R
Br William McDermott C.Ss.R
Br. Michael Duxberry C.Ss.R
Comings and Goings: Everyone should be back in the community this weekend.
We hope that Fr Jim Casey had a wonderful pilgrimage to Lourdes and that the meeting attended by Fr Charles in Spain was a success. Fr Barrie is still struggling with his sight, but bravely carrying on. Please keep us all in your prayers on our Feast Day
Letter from Fr. General
Fr Michael Brehl (Superior General of the Redemptorists) message on the Solemnity of the Most Holy Redeemer - the Titular feast of the Redemptorists
Comings and Goings. Fr Charles and I will cover all the Masses this weekend. Everyone else is away. Fr Andrew has a Marriage Encounter weekend, Frs Kevin and Jim Smale are on short breaks, Fr Jim Casey is with Jumbulance in Lourdes and Fr Barrie had his eye operation on Friday. Fr Charles will be away this week: he is going to Granada in Spain (lucky man) to help plan the Redemptorist European Youth Event in 2018.
Comings and Goings.
Fr Jim Casey leaves for Lourdes this Thursday with the Jumbulance. From St Mary’s parish on the same pilgrimage will be Piarais Carson, accompanied by his sister, Orlaigh. We hope they will all have a wonderful and blessed experience. Fr Barrie is having a week’s holiday before returning for his eye operation this coming Friday. Bro William is having treatment for kidney stones and is putting a brave face on things. Fr Andrew will be away next weekend with Marriage Encounter and Fr Kevin Callaghan will be on holiday for a few days at the same time. At least all the major events are over for the time being, so Fr Charles and I should be able to cope. Bro Mike Taylor, our student, will be getting some pastoral experience with us during the next few weeks.
CONGRATULATIONS BROTHER CHRIS
This week Brother Chris Reynolds received the Redemptorist habit in a ceremony at St. Mary's Clapham. Please keep him in your prayers as he continues his vocation journey.
If you are interested in becoming a Redemptorist Brother or Priest - please speak to Fr. Charles.
COMINGS AND GOINGS: Please be understanding at the present time because the demands recently have been quite considerable. As you know, as well as the death of Sr Bernadette, we have been coping with a number of funerals in recent times and during the coming week, Fr Andrew will be away, as will Fr Charles, who will be giving his first Parish Mission in Birchington and Westgate in Kent. He will be with Fr Charles Corrigan and we assure him of our prayers too.
Sr Bernadette O.Ss.R., the last Redemptoristine in this country, died in the early hours of last Thursday morning. May she rest in peace. Please pray for the repose of her soul and for the sisters from Dublin who supported her so wonderfully, especially in the final days of her life. Her funeral will be at Nazareth House, Crosby, on Monday 10 April at 11.15am.
Page 6 of 11
- Jack Traynor - Miracle at Lourdes 25.5.19
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- St Mary's Parish Walk 8.6.19
- Dementia Awareness Week at St Mary's 2019
- Women's Group - Llangollen trip
- A talk on the situation in Bethlehem
- Vocations weekend for young women
- Dementia Action Week - Free Market Place 24.5.19
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- May devotions at St Mary's Woolton
- Theological talks at St Charles Aigburth
- SFX Plant sale
- Come and See October 2019
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Annual Novena - can you help?
- Are you 25 to 40?
- Polling Day - Public Service Announcement
- CTMH Walking Group 10.6.19
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Women's Group Newsletter May 2019
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- SVP recruitment appeal March 2019
- CATENIAN BURSARY FUND
- The 'SYNOD' questions and SYNOD Survey
- Youth Synod 2018 - Final Document
- CTBI statement regarding Brexit and prayer
- Mass Intentions
- SVP food collection
- Mass Intentions
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Dementia Information
- Pentecost - Journeying together
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- Metropolitan Cathedral - Chorister recruitment
- Gin Tasting - Gibberd Room Metropolitan Cathedral
- Cathedral Book Club 30.5.19
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- CATHEDRAL - LADIES DAY 29.6.18
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group