Redemptorist Community News
The Parish Team
Fr Tim Buckley C.Ss.R
Fr Charles Randall C.Ss.R
Other members of the Redemptorist Community
Fr . Andrew Burns C.Ss.R
Fr Andrew Burns is the Rector of the Community in the Monastery. Other community members are the parish team above plus:
Fr. Barrie O'Toole C.Ss.R
Fr Jim Casey C.Ss.R
Fr James Smale C.Ss.R
Fr. Brian Russell C.Ss.R
Fr. Kevin Callaghan C.Ss.R
Fr. Tony Hunt C.Ss.R
Fr Tony Johnson C.Ss.R
Fr. Michael Henesy C.Ss.R
Br William McDermott C.Ss.R
Br. Michael Duxberry C.Ss.R
JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS: Congratulations again to our jubilarians, Frs Michael Henesy and Anthony Hunt, who were ordained in this church fifty years ago today. There will be a simple reception in the Fisher-More hall after the 11.30 Mass for those who wish to greet them.
In these days we are rejoicing with four members of our community who have reached remarkable personal milestones.
Last Friday (8th Sept) Frs Jim Casey and Tony Johnson reached the Diamond Jubilee of their Profession of Vows as Redemptorists and next Sunday (17th Sept) Frs Tony Hunt and Michael Henesy mark the Golden Jubilee of their Ordination, which actually took place here in our church. We will mark the occasion at the 11.30am Mass on that day and the congregation will be invited into the hall afterwards to meet all our jubilarians.
Comings and Goings:
Fr Michael Henesy and Bro Michael Duxbury have had to delay their arrival by a couple of days, but should be with us before the end of the weekend.
Fr Andrew and Fr Charles leave for Perth this Sunday to be present at the next phase (European Meeting) of our General Chapter. Fr Andrew is our elected representative and Fr Charles has been co-opted to help with the minutes (and probably some translating).
Fr Andrew should be back next weekend, but Fr Charles has other meetings (including one for vocations) and will not be back until towards the end of the month.
Fr James Smale is preaching for Zimbabwe in Plymouth this weekend.
Fr. General on World Day of Prayer for Creation
Comings and Goings: I will be away for the inside of the coming week and then Fr Andrew will be away for ten days at the European Meeting of Marriage Encounter in Madrid. (By the way he turns 70 next weekend!) I hope you are enjoying the summer in spite of the changeable weather.
Redemptorist Youth Mission 2018 - Planning
Thank you to Fr Charles Randall C.Ss.R for this report on the recent planning meeting for 'Redemptorist Youth Mission 2018'
Redemptorists of Europe Meet in Granada to Plan July 2018 Youth Mission
On 12 July this year, Redemptorists from all over Europe gathered in Granada, Spain, to plan the forthcoming Redemptorist Youth Mission which will be held in the city between Wednesday 25 and Sunday 29 July 2018.
Redemptorists from around Europe concelebrate Mass
at our Perpetual Help Shrine in the city.
On the 15th August : Fr Beverley Ahearn will be 70 years professed.
On the 8th of September, Fr Francis Dickenson will be 60 years ordained
On the 8th of September, Frs Jim McManus, Jim Casey, and Tony Johnson will be 60 years professed
On the 17th of September, Frs Michael Henesy, Philip Jones and Anthony Hunt will be 50 years ordained
On the 16th of October, Frs Denis McBride and Oliver Keyes will be 50 years professed
We give thanks to God for the great example these men have given with their lives!
Over the weekend of 15th and 16th July. Brother Mike spoke at all seven Masses at St. Mary's and Bishop Eton.
Here is the final address at Bishop Eton's 6pm Mass
Thankyou for your donations to support the Redemptorist students.
Anyone wishing to join the Redemptorists as a priest or brother should speak to Fr. Charles.
Page 5 of 11
- Jack Traynor - Miracle at Lourdes 25.5.19
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- St Mary's Parish Walk 8.6.19
- Dementia Awareness Week at St Mary's 2019
- Women's Group - Llangollen trip
- A talk on the situation in Bethlehem
- Vocations weekend for young women
- Dementia Action Week - Free Market Place 24.5.19
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- May devotions at St Mary's Woolton
- Theological talks at St Charles Aigburth
- SFX Plant sale
- Come and See October 2019
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Annual Novena - can you help?
- Are you 25 to 40?
- Polling Day - Public Service Announcement
- CTMH Walking Group 10.6.19
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Women's Group Newsletter May 2019
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- SVP recruitment appeal March 2019
- CATENIAN BURSARY FUND
- The 'SYNOD' questions and SYNOD Survey
- Youth Synod 2018 - Final Document
- CTBI statement regarding Brexit and prayer
- Mass Intentions
- SVP food collection
- Mass Intentions
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Dementia Information
- Pentecost - Journeying together
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- Metropolitan Cathedral - Chorister recruitment
- Gin Tasting - Gibberd Room Metropolitan Cathedral
- Cathedral Book Club 30.5.19
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- CATHEDRAL - LADIES DAY 29.6.18
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group