Redemptorist Community News
The Parish Team
Fr Tim Buckley C.Ss.R
Fr Charles Randall C.Ss.R
Other members of the Redemptorist Community
Fr . Andrew Burns C.Ss.R
Fr Andrew Burns is the Rector of the Community in the Monastery. Other community members are the parish team above plus:
Fr. Barrie O'Toole C.Ss.R
Fr Jim Casey C.Ss.R
Fr James Smale C.Ss.R
Fr. Brian Russell C.Ss.R
Fr. Kevin Callaghan C.Ss.R
Fr. Tony Hunt C.Ss.R
Fr Tony Johnson C.Ss.R
Fr. Michael Henesy C.Ss.R
Br William McDermott C.Ss.R
Br. Michael Duxberry C.Ss.R
COMINGS AND GOINGS:
Fr Andrew left us last Wednesday for the Marriage Encounter World Council meeting in Madrid and Fatima. He returns on Monday, 28 May.
Fr Charles Randall is due to rejoin us this coming Tuesday after attending a Redemptorist meeting in America and then, with Fr Charles Corrigan, preaching a Parish Mission in Gravesend.
Meanwhile, I thank the other members of the community who have continued to make it possible, not only to cover the regular timetables in both our parishes, but Christopher Grange as well.
We ask your continuing prayers for Fr Barrie O’Toole who remains in Ripon for the time being and for Fr John Milcz, whose health is also giving cause for concern.
REDEMPTORIST MEETING IN PERTH:
I am writing these few notes before leaving for Perth, where hopefully we will have had a productive week.
Most of the community, including Fr Tony Hunt, managed to get to Scotland, leaving just three Redemptorists in residence at Bishop Eton: Frs Jimmy Smale and Tony Johnson and Brian Russell. Fr John Milcz has been looked after at Christopher Grange and Fr Barrie O’Toole has spent the week in Ripon with his sister. Unfortunately, Fr Barrie is not well again and we ask you to renew your prayers for him as he awaits the decision of the specialists on what will be the best treatment for him in the coming months.
This weekend, we welcome Fr Tim back from his well-earned break. He has reported that he has had an enjoyable few days. Next week most of the Redemptorist community will be in Perth (Scotland) for discussions about the restructuring of the Redemptorists across Europe and during this week (April 30 to May 4) there will only be 7.00am Mass each day here in Bishop Eton and 12 noon Mass each day at St Mary’s.
COMINGS AND GOINGS: Fr Andrew returns this evening from a four-day congress with Marriage Encounter in Madrid and Fr Casey is away this weekend. I am leaving this afternoon for a much needed break, but will be back in time for next weekend. The following week is when most of us will be in Perth (Scotland) for our discussions about the restructuring of the Redemptorists across Europe and I remind you that during that week (April 30 to May 4) there will only be a 7.00am Mass each day in Bishop Eton. That week there will be a noon Mass at St Mary’s.
COMINGS AND GOINGS: Fr Andrew is away with Marriage Encounter this weekend. After Easter a number of confrères will be away for lengthy spells and most of the community will be attending a meeting with Fr General in Perth at the beginning of May. I am flagging this up because we may have to adjust the regular timetable from time to time, though at present I am confident that we can cope.
COMINGS AND GOINGS: Fr Andrew is in Belgium for a Marriage Encounter meeting. Fr Barrie has been visiting his sister in Ripon for a couple of days, but should be back over the weekend. I am visiting Douai Abbey in Berkshire at the beginning of the coming week for a symposium on priests in religious orders working in parishes.
Call for Prayer January 25th 2018
Church leaders across Syria have spoken about the faithful’s suffering following military bombardments in a number of the country’s regions and have asked the international community to take note and pray. More information is available at the link in the facebook post from Aid to the Church in Need below.
COMINGS AND GOINGS:
As previously indicated, all those in the Redemptorist community who are able will be attending a Province Meeting in our house in Perth, Scotland, during the coming week. However, we still have Fr Tony Hunt in hospital and some infirm members of the community staying behind.
Also Fr Jimmy Smale and Fr Barrie O’Toole will be here and have agreed to celebrate the 7.00am and noon Masses each day, so we will return to the usual timetable this Monday.
Page 3 of 11
- Jack Traynor - Miracle at Lourdes 25.5.19
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- St Mary's Parish Walk 8.6.19
- Dementia Awareness Week at St Mary's 2019
- Women's Group - Llangollen trip
- A talk on the situation in Bethlehem
- Vocations weekend for young women
- Dementia Action Week - Free Market Place 24.5.19
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- May devotions at St Mary's Woolton
- Theological talks at St Charles Aigburth
- SFX Plant sale
- Come and See October 2019
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Annual Novena - can you help?
- Are you 25 to 40?
- Polling Day - Public Service Announcement
- CTMH Walking Group 10.6.19
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Women's Group Newsletter May 2019
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- SVP recruitment appeal March 2019
- CATENIAN BURSARY FUND
- The 'SYNOD' questions and SYNOD Survey
- Youth Synod 2018 - Final Document
- CTBI statement regarding Brexit and prayer
- Mass Intentions
- SVP food collection
- Mass Intentions
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Dementia Information
- Pentecost - Journeying together
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- Metropolitan Cathedral - Chorister recruitment
- Gin Tasting - Gibberd Room Metropolitan Cathedral
- Cathedral Book Club 30.5.19
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- CATHEDRAL - LADIES DAY 29.6.18
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group