Redemptorist Community News
The Parish Team
Fr Tim Buckley C.Ss.R
Other members of the Redemptorist Community
Fr . Andrew Burns C.Ss.R
Fr Andrew Burns is the Rector of the Community in the Monastery. Other community members are the parish team above plus:
Fr Jim Casey C.Ss.R
Fr James Smale C.Ss.R
Fr. Brian Russell C.Ss.R
Fr. Kevin Callaghan C.Ss.R
Fr. Tony Hunt C.Ss.R
Fr Tony Johnson C.Ss.R
Fr. Michael Henesy C.Ss.R
Fr. Gabriel Maguire C.Ss.R
Fr. Martin Gay C.Ss.R
Br William McDermott C.Ss.R
Br. Michael Duxberry C.Ss.R
Welcome to Fr Gabriel Maguire and Fr Martin Gay
Welcome to Fr Gabriel Maguire and Fr Martin Gay who joined the community last Tuesday and are settling in well.
Fr Maguire has been parish priest at Erdington Abbey in Birmingham for 17 years and has battled on with great courage through his debilitating illness during the last few years. He had a wonderful send-off last weekend and now deserves time to rest and recoup.
Fr Martin, like Fr Andrew and Fr Tony Hunt, has spent most of his priestly life in South Africa, but more recently worked for the General Council in Rome and has come to us from the Perth community. He too has had some health problems, but we hope the Liverpool air will suit him!
Comings and Goings:
The coming week is presenting us with a few challenges. Fr Charles and I are due at a Provincial Council meeting in Perth on Thursday and Fr Andrew is not due back from America until Friday night. I will check on various contingencies and we will let you know on Sunday whether we will have to adjust the usual timetable.
Fr Charles will be in Lourdes this week with the HCPT group from his old school, the Salesian College in Farnborough. Best wishes to our own parishioners who will also be with HCPT groups: may they all be richly blessed. At the end of the week Fr Andrew leaves for a Marriage Encounter meeting in Toronto and will not be back with us until Friday 10 May
COMINGS AND GOINGS:
Fr Andrew left on Thursday for Brussels, not to try and sort out Brexit, but for another international meeting ofMarriage Encounter. He then has Provincial Council meetings and will not be back with us until Thursday. Fr Charles has returned from his break but will be leaving us at the end of this week for the Parish Mission in Norbury, South London. He will be back with us in Holy Week.
COMINGS AND GOINGS
Fr Charles is due to give a parish mission with Fr Charlie Corrigan in Norbury (South London) later in Lent and is away this weekend preparing the way.
I made a mistake in last week’s bulletin, thinking Fr Andrew would be in Dover with Marriage Encounter this weekend. In fact he guided a morning of recollection in St Mary’s on Saturday. However, he will be away on Redemptorist business for most of the coming week.
Comings and Goings:
I very much enjoyed my week in Gibraltar with Bishop Ralph, in spite of the fact that the weather was not as settled as it was here. Indeed some of you may have seen the British Airways flight last Monday morning being blown around and unable to land at the airport! This weekend Fr Charles has been at the youth event, Flame, at Wembley.
Fr Andrew will be away next weekend with Marriage Encounter in Dover
Gill Bickerstaff has returned from her visit, working alongside our confrères in Zimbabwe, touched by the cheerfulness and faith of the people, who have so little by comparison to ourselves, but who cope with such grace and dignity.
Frances is staying on until towards the end of this month. Frances has written an article for the March 2019 edition of BE Alive. Click here for the magazine.
COMINGS AND GOINGS:
Fr Andrew has hardly been able to draw breath since we returned from the Chapter in Perth a couple of weeks ago. In the interim, he has had meetings in Glasgow, Manchester and Perth, plus Marriage Encounter sessions in Madrid and Daventry. He returns this Tuesday evening and hopefully will be able to touch base for a couple of weeks before he heads for Brussels.
Comings and Goings:
Fr Charles returns to be with us this weekend: we hope in fine spiritual fettle after his retreat! Although Fr Andrew has a Saturday engagement, we will have the full complement of priests available on Sunday, so I will not have quite such a manic Sunday morning as last week.
May I just say how pleased I was with the liturgies and prayer services for that special Remembrance Day. Thanks to one and all.
Page 1 of 12
- Love and Mercy Faustina 18.11.19
- Bishop Eton Landing Library 20.11.19
- Dementia friendly - Christmas Afternoon Tea at St Mary's 22.11.19
- Advent retreat on Dec 7th in Foxhill
- Youth Mass for Youth Sunday
- FCJ Vocations Weekend
- Space to be Service @ St Matthews 23.11.19
- FORMER MEMBERS OF THE LIVERPOOL NOTRE DAME ASSOCIATION
- Exploring our Faith
- SYNOD2020 Talks
- Irenaues Women's Weekend 29th Nov - 1st Dec
- Professional Help Required to support the elderly confreres
- Christmas meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- Exploring our Faith 21st November cancelled
- CTMH - Allerton Farmers' Market Stall 7.12.19
- Christmas Greetings Cards to parishes in the Holy Land.
- Women's Group Newsletter November 4th 2019
- Nugent Hamper Appeal (closing date 5th December)
- Raise money for Bishop Eton School whilst shopping
- Old Used Football Shirts needed
- Maize for Zimbabwe
- Catholic Singles
- Year of the Word 2020
- Youth J&P Schedule Sept to Dec 2019
- Pope's video message to UN climate summit
- Claire House Volunteers
- Portraits of Redemptorists around the world
- Marie Curie Helper Service
- VOLUNTEER WITH NUGENT
- Nugent - Pre-loved campaign
- Safe Internet courses
- THE ARCHBISHOP ROMERO TRUST
- SYNOD 2020 an update July 2019
- NSPCC on line safety video series
- Monsignor Peter Cookson RIP - Funeral details
- Be a Cathedral Guide
- Cathedral Book Club 28.11.19
- SYNOD 2020 Talks audio & download
- Creative Christmas Workshops
- St Bernadette Team - with Animate
- Animate +
- SYNOD 2020 Next steps
- Why we need more deacons?
- Report on the SYNOD Listening Process
- Sowers, Seeds and Sowing
- Diploma and Certificate in Pastoral Ministry and Leadership
- SYNOD talks
- Little Church and Children’s Liturgy - please note
- NUGENT – Charity shop appeal
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group