From the Women's Group Team 30 May 2019
St Mary’s and Bishop Eton Women’s Group
30 May 2019
The Planned Programme - so far!
of a conference so we repaired to the Cathedral café.
Llangollen Trip - Tuesday 4 June 2018
Woolton - 8.30 Bishop Eton - 8.45
Please note change in time
Tuesday is Market Day so you will be able to indulge in a retail experience and have lunch. Because of organisational difficulties with the barge company it will not be possible to have the cream tea. Each member will be given a refund of £7 to purchase food/snack which they may wish to eat during the trip.
The trip on the barge will be APPROX 45 MINS.All must be at the wharf by 2.45 p.m. for a prompt 3.00 p.m. start
17.00 Leave Llangollen to be back in Liverpool for 6.30 approx.
The Met Office have forecast the possibility of light rain.
One World Group Lunch- Tuesday 25 June 2019 - 12.30 FMH
Tickets for the lunch are £10.00 per person
Lunch will be sandwiches, home-made cakes, scones with jam and cream and tea and coffee.
Tickets are available from
Sara 07947 120 371
Cath 07866 798 158
If you are very good we might persuade the organisers to have a raffle.
Friday 12 July 2019 - Fizz and a Quiz - Liverpool Hope Rose Garden.
After last year’s most enjoyable event we decided to do it again.
The Fizz and a Quiz to be followed by a shared buffet in the Fisher More Hall.
Meet at FMH between 7.00 and 7.30 to drop off items for the Buffet then move to the Liverpool Hope Rose Garden.
There will be a quiz, different from last year, then back to FM for the shared buffet.
This will be our breaking up for the summer holidays event
Please Note: Change of date
Thursday 12 September - coach visit to Llandudno
This is a coach only event - the rest is up to you.
Cost to be confirmed.
As ever, envelopes will be provided
Friday 27 September - Macmillan Coffee morning
More information to follow
Your Requests and Suggestions
Thank you for your responses. All of those received to date have been or are being followed up.
Are there any events you would like to see in our programme?
Next Sunday is World Communications Day:
This year is the 53rd World Communications Day. Pope Francis has issued a letter which is subtitled
“We are members one of another” (Eph 4,25). From social network communities to the human community
it can be read by clicking here
Message from the Church in England and Wales
On this day, Catholics are encouraged to pray for all those professionals who work in Communications. A particularly for those who are responsible for communicating on behalf of the Catholic Church in this country.
The communications office of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales supports the bishops, in their witness and engagement with current issues, and the Church more widely in promoting the Gospel through digital, social, print and broadcast media. The office is the central point for media enquiries and is a key resource for national and international media professionals. It also plays an important role in developing the public profile of the Church through word and image.
The Catholic Church celebrates World Communications Day on 2nd June in 2019, when we are asked to pray for those who work in the media and when a second collection is taken after Mass to fund this important work.
Please help us continue this work through contributing generously to the collection on the day.
Please take a leaflet from the porch. There will be a retiring collection after each Mass or you can donate on line at http://www.catholicnews.org.uk/donate-wcd
CTMH Update 29.5.19
Pentecost is nearly here, why not get together with some of your church and friends as a group to join the Two Cathedrals Pentecost Celebrations on Sunday 9th June
Friday May 31st
THE COFFEE STOP - Every Friday at Elm Hall Drive Methodist 10:30 – Noon
Meet for coffee and a chat with friends
At Mass on the 26th May 2019 our SYNOD Reps Andy and John gave us an overview and invited us to come along to one of two listening sessions.
Session1 Friday 21st June at 8.30pm in the Fisher-More Hall
Session 2 Saturday 22nd June at 10.30am in the Fisher More Hall
Please make every effort to come to one of the sessions.
To help you prepare for the meetings Andy has prepared a document containing the SYNOD questions and reflections. CLICK HERE to download it.
If you cannot attend either session, you can email our dedicated address BE.synodvoice@bishopeton.
Please submit your comments by 24th June 2019 - thank you.
Page 3 of 86
- Dementia Friendly Afternoon Tea and sing-along
- Bellerive Open Evening
- KSC AND SPUC ROSARY CRUSADE:
- Self Esteem and the Love of God 12-14th July
- Bach Collective "Magnificat" at Liverpool Parish Church
- St Mark’s Church BBQ:
- Organ music at St James Woolton
- Bishop Eton Creation Mass
- St Mary's Shrine Church Warrington - Pro-Life garden fete
- St Edward's Open Evening
- Alpha Course at Animate
- Parish Garden Party on Sunday 30 June.
- St Mary’s College, Crosby
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- Come and See October 2019
- One World Group Afternoon tea - cancellation
- TATTON PARK Coach trip
- SYNOD 2020 - Information gathering
- Dementia Friends' Champion training
- Gergely Juhasz - ordination to the diaconate
- Novena 2019
- Thank you from Fr Charles
- Women's Group Newsletter late May 2019
- SYNOD Listening Sessions and associated information
- Homily at Fr Barrie's funeral
- Redemptorist Vocations Prayer
- St Mary's Parish Pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi
- Catholic Link - Pope Francis minute
- DEFIB and FIRST AID Training for Parishioners 9.6.19
- Parish Garden Party - helpers neeed
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- Archdiocesan Lourdes Pilgrimage Association
- Information Day at Sharing view sharing at the Cathedral
- Cathedral Walking Group 30.6.19
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Celebrate the Child Mass 30.6.19
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group