From Fairshare Today in the UK 8.4 million people are living in food poverty. At the same time, thousands of tonnes of edible food are going to waste. At least 270,000 tonnes of this surplus food comes from the food and drink industry and this equates to 650 million meals.
FareShare are tackling food waste and fighting hunger. We are on a mission to get as much of this surplus food from around the UK to charities and community groups to make it into meals for vulnerable people.
Could you help us? We are looking for volunteers to join our fantastic team at our Merseyside regional centre based in Speke. We need warehouse assistants and drivers to pick, pack, stack and distribute food. Our warehouse is open Monday-Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm but you can volunteer at times to fit around you.
Informal organ recitals
Informal organ recitals by Amy Colleran and Andrew Sharples in All Saints' Childwall as part of theirHeritage
Weekend.21 September at 12.30pm and Sunday 22 September at 2.00pm.
More details of the Heritage weekend can be found by clicking here
Sponsored Walk Will take place next Sunday at 2.00pm from Albert Dock to Liverpool Cricket Club.
The walk has become a community event and we warmly invite parishioners to join the walk which is do ne in remembrance of Steve Dooley and Pat McGann who did so much to promote charity in our area.
Sponsored Envelopes will be collected before all masses on Sunday 22 September.
A huge thank you to everyone who so kindly donated nappies, wipes and cereals for the NUGENT appeal.
New appeal :To celebrate the NUGENT SHOP’S 10th birthday, we are collecting a MOUNTAIN of CLOTHES! Please put any unwanted clothes in the box in the porch until the weekend of the 29 September. Thank you!
The REFOCCUS Marriage Enrichment Inventory designed to help a couple focus on key topic areas and enrich their marriage through rediscovery of the depth of a couple’s love and desire to continue to grow together.
Chair Based Exercise Group
This gentle exercise group takes place at New Hutte Neighbourhood Centre every Tuesday between 11.00am and 12.00 noon. At the end of the session there is an opportunity to have a drink and a chat with a group of very friendly people.
A great opportunity to keep active and enjoy some lovely company! Please come along as you will be made most welcome!
Sunday 15th September is Home Mission Sunday. We are invited to find ourselves in the Gospel story as we accompany the characters who call out, ‘Rejoice with me!’ These words express the joy of finding something, or someone they had lost. Imagine the joy in your own heart when you see someone you love coming home to Church, because they are seeking, or have found Christ. Occasionally this happens by direct divine intervention, but more often we are called to be the face of Christ, praying for, inviting and welcoming those we love into a relationship with Him.
Thankfully we are not alone in this task. The Home Mission Office is a national organisation that helps the local Church engage in the vital mission of Evangelisation. This weekend, they ask for our prayers and our financial support through the second collection. Our prayers help them to be attentive to the Holy Spirit who directs their work, and our donations to the second collection will enable them to help the local Church share the joy of the Gospel throughout England and Wales. In short, the second collection helps them to help us. For more information about the Home Mission Office or to donate online please visit www.homemission.org.uk
There will be a retiring collection after Masses
Page 1 of 90
- Cathedral Book Club 24.10.19
- Bishop Eton Lending Library 18.9.19
- Open Evening Our Lady's Bishop Eton 8.10.19
- St Mary's SVP Healing Mass
- An Evening with Tatendu Taibu
- St Julie's Open Evening
- SFX Year 6 Open Evening
- Liverpool Memory Walk
- Knock Pilgrimage 23.9.19
- St Mary's Parish Pilgrimage - meeting
- Liverpool Romero Lecture 25.9.19
- RADS Winter Production
- Day of Reparation London 28th September
- Events at the Christian Heritage Centre
- “A Spiritual Spa Day for Women” 28.9.19
- SYNOD2020 Talks
- Irenaues Women's Weekend 29th Nov - 1st Dec
- Irenaeus Scripture Weekend
- Irenaeus Scripture Mornings
- Come and See October 2019
- J&P group - thank you and new appeal
- BE Green Project with CAFOD
- Novena with Newman
- Claire House Volunteers
- Mental Health Awareness
- Portraits of Redemptorists around the world
- RCIA 2019
- Marie Curie Helper Service
- VOLUNTEER WITH NUGENT
- Dementia Videos
- Nugent - Pre-loved campaign
- Safe Internet courses
- Women's Group Newsletter September 2019
- THE ARCHBISHOP ROMERO TRUST
- SYNOD 2020 an update July 2019
- Living with Dementia and Driving Study
- NSPCC on line safety video series
- A message for business owners from the Medaille trust
- Redemptorist Lay Missionaries on the move
- Redemptorist Lay Associates weekend - a report
- What do the SVP do?
- Redemptorist Vocations Prayer
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Carmel Collede - Foundation Governor Vacancy
- Marriage Care - Trustee Vacancy
- Lourdes Youth Pilgrimage 2020
- National Mass for Altar Servers
- LACE New Lay Governance Roles:
- SYNOD talks
- Restored Lives
- Cathedral Walking Group 29.9.19
- Family Groups
- Strictly Nugent
- Little Church and Children’s Liturgy - please note
- NUGENT – Charity shop appeal
- Formation Fund
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group