Project Zimbabwe - Tile appeal
Frances explains why we hope to tile 3 classrooms in Zimbabwe
It was almost my last week and I spent it with the young children at the Mavambo Learning Centre. I watched the children before school trying to get rid of the dust from the concrete floors and then, using a rag, to try to polish it. As they did this, their eyes streamed with the dust and the only clothes they had were being covered in grease from the rag. It was upsetting.
The teachers were asking for tiles. I remembered Bro. David saying this on my first visit. Could this be our next project?
I measured each classroom and then went to speak to Bro. Benjamin to arrange a quote. A man came and measured the classrooms so as to give a quote for the work. Hotfoot into Bro. Benjamin on the Fri-day morning, (I was leaving on the following Wednesday), he asked if I had received the email with the quote. My response was “You are having a laugh”.
Armed with a list of places to buy tiles, I was off driving round Harare. Back in Alphonse House with my scale drawing and with Bro. David, we had a quote that was do-able.
With a grid to represent the tiles for each class we hope that the parish and friends would like to donate a tile for £4 and put their name (or the name of someone they want to dedicate the tile to) on the grid. When all three cards are filled in we will have enough for the project. I will take the cards over and hang them in the rooms in Zimbabwe.
Fr Barrie’s name is already on one of the tiles. The sale of the tiles began at the Garden Party on 30th June and continues at the monastery until all are sold.
Cafe Memoir returns for a bit of a funky Friday party time this week. We have music, drinks and food and it is all free! Plus a bit of a sing-a-long! Cafe Memoir is for people living with dementia, and their carers. It would be fab to see you. This Friday, 12th July at 2pm 😀❤️ pic.twitter.com/EpekMvm8bp— Bridge Chapel Centre (@BridgeCCentre) July 10, 2019
A message for business owners from the Medaille trust
Interesting read on how businesses should respond when discovering that human traffickers have infiltrated their supply chains - although so important to put these things in place far before an incident like this https://t.co/tqBdygUFFR— The Medaille Trust (@MedailleTrust) July 10, 2019
Page 1 of 87
- Irenaues Women's Weekend 29th Nov - 1st Dec
- Irenaeus Scripture Weekend
- Irenaeus Scripture Mornings
- Bereavement Support Group Meeting 16.7.19
- Asylum Link Concert
- Parish Coffee Morning 7.7.19
- National Grandparents Pilgrimage 21.7.19
- Bach Collective "Magnificat" at Liverpool Parish Church
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- Come and See October 2019
- Project Zimbabwe - Tile appeal
- NSPCC on line safety video series
- Tiles for Zimbabwe
- A message for business owners from the Medaille trust
- Redemptorist Lay Missionaries on the move
- Thank you to the justice and peace group
- Women's Group Newsletter July 2019
- Redemptorist Lay Associates weekend - a report
- What do the SVP do?
- Pope's Prayer intention for July
- WYA - Hydrangea planting
- Creation Mass 30th June 2019
- Bro James Sposored Cycle - can you support him
- Youth Justice & Peace Group Appeal
- SYNOD 2020 - information requested
- J&P Sponsored walk for Nugent
- One World Group Afternoon tea - cancellation
- Dementia Friends' Champion training
- Thank you from Fr Charles
- Homily at Fr Barrie's funeral
- Redemptorist Vocations Prayer
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- There is more to a person than dementia
- Little Church and Children’s Liturgy - please note
- METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL EDUCATION SERVICE
- NUGENT – Charity shop appeal
- Cathedral Book Club 8.8.19
- CATHEDRAL WALKING GROUP 18.8.19
- Gergely Juhasz - ordination to the diaconate
- Archdiocesan Lourdes Pilgrimage Association
- Cathedral Walking Group 30.6.19
- St Mary's Parish Pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group