TODAY IS THE SOLEMNITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI
In this year of the Eucharistic Congress, we pray that the Lord will deepen our understanding of and reverence for the gift of his Body and Blood in Holy Communion. We pray again for the families whose children have made their First Communion this year and remind you that the 10.00am Mass on Sunday 17 June, will be a special celebration Mass for them.
NOVENA IN HONOUR OF OUR MOTHER OF PERPETUAL SUCCOUR
(Tuesday 19 June—Wednesday 27 June)
Fr Charles Corrigan and our students will lead the Novena and Fr Corrigan has requested that in the evening there should be a Novena Service, beginning at 7.00pm. Therefore, the Mass timetable (both weekdays and weekends) will remain the same, but each evening, including Saturday and Sunday, there will be a Special Service which will not include the Eucharist. Posters and leaflets will soon be available for distribution. Meanwhile, please spread the word far and wide. Thank you.
THE POWER OF PREACHING:
Let me begin by reminding you of the extraordinary power of God’s word when it is delivered with conviction and joy as it was at the Royal Wedding last weekend. Bishop Michael Curry certainly made his mark on the occasion and it seemed to me that his approach was very much in the Redemptorist tradition. He reminded us that there is “power in love… power to change the world.” He went on to remind us of the source of love and the redemptive love of Jesus: “Imagine this tired old world when love is the way. When love is the way – unselfish, sacrificial, redemptive.” Hopefully, we will have a chance to share in a powerful preaching of the Word in the coming weeks and months, beginning with the Novena to our Mother of Perpetual Succour (June 19 to 27). Please pray for the success of this venture both here and at St Mary’s, Clapham.
ADOREMUS: Fr Tim is giving a talk on Saint Alphonsus and the Eucharist at the Carmelite Convent today (Sunday 27th May) at 3.30pm.
NOVENA (OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL SUCCOUR): This year Fr Charles Corrigan and our students will preach for nine days in preparation for the Feast on June 27.
Next weekend we will be celebrating the First Communion Masses with our Year Four children and their families. Please pray for them that this will not just be a wonderful memory of the occasion but the start of a whole new chapter in their spiritual lives.
The timetable for next Saturday and Sunday needs noting.
The First Communion Masses will be on Saturday at 10.30am and 3.00pm and on Sunday at 3.00pm.
Therefore there will be no noon Mass next Saturday, nor will there be Confessions between 4.00pm and 5.00pm.
Page 10 of 38
- Dementia Friendly Afternoon Tea and sing-along
- Bellerive Open Evening
- KSC AND SPUC ROSARY CRUSADE:
- Self Esteem and the Love of God 12-14th July
- Bach Collective "Magnificat" at Liverpool Parish Church
- St Mark’s Church BBQ:
- Organ music at St James Woolton
- Bishop Eton Creation Mass
- St Mary's Shrine Church Warrington - Pro-Life garden fete
- St Edward's Open Evening
- Alpha Course at Animate
- Parish Garden Party on Sunday 30 June.
- St Mary’s College, Crosby
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- Come and See October 2019
- One World Group Afternoon tea - cancellation
- TATTON PARK Coach trip
- SYNOD 2020 - Information gathering
- Dementia Friends' Champion training
- Gergely Juhasz - ordination to the diaconate
- Novena 2019
- Thank you from Fr Charles
- Women's Group Newsletter late May 2019
- SYNOD Listening Sessions and associated information
- Homily at Fr Barrie's funeral
- Redemptorist Vocations Prayer
- St Mary's Parish Pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi
- Catholic Link - Pope Francis minute
- DEFIB and FIRST AID Training for Parishioners 9.6.19
- Parish Garden Party - helpers neeed
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- Archdiocesan Lourdes Pilgrimage Association
- Information Day at Sharing view sharing at the Cathedral
- Cathedral Walking Group 30.6.19
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Celebrate the Child Mass 30.6.19
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group