From Deacon Greg:
I would like to thank you for all the overwhelming acts of kindness and love, cards, gifts, support, care, practical help and prayers at the occasion of my diaconal ordination. I am very grateful and feel privileged for belonging to this parish and I am looking forward to serve you as a deacon.
A huge thank you for all of the support, there are less than 100 tiles still to be sold. There will be no sales today after Mass but tiles will be available to buy from the Monastery reception all week and after all Masses next weekend. Click here to read the background to this appeal
St Mary’s Parish Pilgrimage To Rome and Assisi
All places have now been filled for this wonderful Pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi.
Travel details and dates for outstanding balances will be sent directly to pilgrims from Joe Walsh Tours within the coming weeks.
They also have a provisional booking with Ashcroft Travel in Widnes for a RETURN COACH TRANSFER TO AND FROM MANCHESTER AIRPORT. Pick up from St Mary’s Church on Monday 28 October at approximately 5.00am and returning from Manchester Airport at approximately 3:15pm on Saturday 2 November.
Precise pickup times will be confirmed nearer the departure date.
New Parish Safeguarding email:
The collated parish SYNOD responses have been submitted to the Archdiocese. Thank you to all those who submitted responses.
Hope University is analysing all the data for the SYNOD working party. The working party comprises the SYNOD Moderators (Fr Philip Inch, Fr Matthew Nunes), Mrs Maureen Knight, (Pastoral Formation) Mrs Debbie Reynolds (SFX pastoral worker), Sr Rachel Duffy FCJ, (religious) Miss Kate Wilkinson (school chaplain), Fr Mark Beattie, Fr Stephen Pritchard and Fr Dominic Curran (Parish Priests).
The working party will meet from the 15th-17th August under the guidance of Fr Eamonn from the Limerick Diocese. Fr Peter McGrail will present the data from the listening process and after a period of discernment, it is hoped themes will emerge which will indicate the way forward.
The SYNOD members will be presented with the these at the September SYNOD 2020 gatherings, and presented to the Archdiocese in October on ‘SYNOD Sunday’. There will then be a further listening process.
It is asked that we pray for the SYNOD journey and especially for the meeting of the working party that takes places between the 15th to 17th August.
Bishop Baron’s homily for the 16th Sunday of Ordinary time
Here is my homily for this Sunday. Although the little story of Martha and Mary has been interpreted as a parable on the “active” and “contemplative” life, it can be read as Christ's invitation to all people to partake in his inner circle of discipleship. https://t.co/R2UFzIQJo6— Bishop Robert Barron (@BishopBarron) July 17, 2019
Living with Dementia and Driving
Call 4 feedback from people with dementia, their family and practitioners working in the field on a new resource available for drivers with dementia to support them in their decisions on driving retirement #dementia #driving @uowresearch @DementiaVoices @FpopChair @rcpsych https://t.co/MvlytK07U5— Alessandra Merizzi (@alemerizzi) July 17, 2019
The 89th annual Liverpool Archdiocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes
has now departed. Archbishop Malcolm, will be over 1,200 pilgrims. The theme of this year’s pilgrimage is ‘Blessed are the poor,for the Kingdom of God is theirs’ (Luke 6:20). Please pray for all the pilgrims.
Page 1 of 87
- New Parish Safeguarding email
- SYNOD 2020 an update July 2019
- Living with Dementia and Driving Study
- Project Zimbabwe - Tile appeal
- NSPCC on line safety video series
- Tiles for Zimbabwe
- A message for business owners from the Medaille trust
- Redemptorist Lay Missionaries on the move
- Thank you to the justice and peace group
- Women's Group Newsletter July 2019
- Redemptorist Lay Associates weekend - a report
- What do the SVP do?
- Pope's Prayer intention for July
- WYA - Hydrangea planting
- Creation Mass 30th June 2019
- Bro James Sposored Cycle - can you support him
- Youth Justice & Peace Group Appeal
- SYNOD 2020 - information requested
- J&P Sponsored walk for Nugent
- One World Group Afternoon tea - cancellation
- Dementia Friends' Champion training
- Thank you from Fr Charles
- Homily at Fr Barrie's funeral
- Redemptorist Vocations Prayer
- Little Church and Children’s Liturgy - please note
- METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL EDUCATION SERVICE
- NUGENT – Charity shop appeal
- Cathedral Book Club 8.8.19
- CATHEDRAL WALKING GROUP 18.8.19
- Gergely Juhasz - ordination to the diaconate
- Archdiocesan Lourdes Pilgrimage Association
- Formation Fund
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group