The Friends of the Holy Land February bulletin is now available click here to read it.
Please remember that on the first Saturday of the month, the noon Mass is for Peace and Justice in the Holy Land.
Over the last year Friend's of the Holy Land supporters have helped achieve the following:
* 40 day care places for elderly ladies at St Martha's House
* 67 places funded at the School of Joy
* 84 families received income support to cover their basic needs
* 176 ad-hoc medical and welfare projects funded
* 229 school/university fees paid
* 400 families received a one-off Easter payment
FHl Monthly Update March 2018
The March edition of the Friends of the Holy land update is available. Please click here to access it. This months edition contains the following
Papal recognition for FHL’s Peter Rand
News on the closure at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem
Total of donations from Bishop Eton for 2017 is £7169.39. Many thanks to all box holders, and promoters for their work.will be emptying the red boxes in the next few weeks. If anyone would like a red box or willing to help collect, contact Ann Monaghan 737 1599.
The following communiques have been received from Friends of the Holy Land representative
The Friends of the Holy Land Newsletter Issue 17 is available - just click here
On Friday 24th November in the Fisher-More Hall your own Parish band aka Benchmark did a Free Gig to raise money for the Friends of The Holy Land, an organization which helps and supports the Christian population of the Holy Land, an area where the number of Christians is falling and which does need our support. Despite thedreadful weat her, some hardy souls braved the night and listened, enjoyed and then bopped the rest of the night away. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and raised £150.00 for the Friends.
Benchmark are hoping to a gig sometime in the New Year to benefit many of the parish charities.
On Saturday 4th November 2017 just after the monthly Mass for peace and justice in the Holy Land, Andrew Sharples gave an organ recital.
He began with Jeremiah Clarke's Trumper Voluntary, followed by Rawsthorne's Preude on Londonderry Air, the Cholal introduction and toccata from Boellman's Suit Githique, Bach's prelude on 'Dearest Jesu, we are here', Mendelssohn's War March of the Priests, Vierne's Carillon de Westminster, Yon's Toccatina for flutes, concluding with Toccata in F (Symphony5) by Widor.
The retiring collection for Friends of the Holy Land raised £220.
Thank you to all that contributed and to Andrew for his time and talents.
Page 1 of 10
- Jack Traynor - Miracle at Lourdes 25.5.19
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- St Mary's Parish Walk 8.6.19
- Dementia Awareness Week at St Mary's 2019
- Women's Group - Llangollen trip
- A talk on the situation in Bethlehem
- Vocations weekend for young women
- Dementia Action Week - Free Market Place 24.5.19
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- May devotions at St Mary's Woolton
- Theological talks at St Charles Aigburth
- SFX Plant sale
- Come and See October 2019
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Annual Novena - can you help?
- Are you 25 to 40?
- Polling Day - Public Service Announcement
- CTMH Walking Group 10.6.19
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Women's Group Newsletter May 2019
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- SVP recruitment appeal March 2019
- CATENIAN BURSARY FUND
- The 'SYNOD' questions and SYNOD Survey
- Youth Synod 2018 - Final Document
- CTBI statement regarding Brexit and prayer
- Mass Intentions
- SVP food collection
- Mass Intentions
- Monthly Signed Mass at Christ the King
- Dementia Information