Friends of the Holy Land Prayer
Friends of the Holy Land Prayer Resources can be found at
For the September prayer click here
Project Zimbabwe - Tile appeal
Frances explains why we hope to tile 3 classrooms in Zimbabwe
It was almost my last week and I spent it with the young children at the Mavambo Learning Centre. I watched the children before school trying to get rid of the dust from the concrete floors and then, using a rag, to try to polish it. As they did this, their eyes streamed with the dust and the only clothes they had were being covered in grease from the rag. It was upsetting.
The teachers were asking for tiles. I remembered Bro. David saying this on my first visit. Could this be our next project?
I measured each classroom and then went to speak to Bro. Benjamin to arrange a quote. A man came and measured the classrooms so as to give a quote for the work. Hotfoot into Bro. Benjamin on the Fri-day morning, (I was leaving on the following Wednesday), he asked if I had received the email with the quote. My response was “You are having a laugh”.
Armed with a list of places to buy tiles, I was off driving round Harare. Back in Alphonse House with my scale drawing and with Bro. David, we had a quote that was do-able.
With a grid to represent the tiles for each class we hope that the parish and friends would like to donate a tile for £4 and put their name (or the name of someone they want to dedicate the tile to) on the grid. When all three cards are filled in we will have enough for the project. I will take the cards over and hang them in the rooms in Zimbabwe.
Fr Barrie’s name is already on one of the tiles. The sale of the tiles began at the Garden Party on 30th June and continues at the monastery until all are sold.
Pulpit Swap Sunday 30th June
Once again the priests of the Pastoral Area will be exchanging pulpits as a sign of our desire to work more and more collaboratively. We welcome Fr Stephen Pritchard, our Dean from Our Lady of the Assumption to Bishop Eton.
Because of the special nature of the Creation Mass at 10.00am, I have assured Fr Stephen that I will look after that celebration.
The priests of the PA have felt called to have an ever-expanding ecclesial heart rather than a parochial heart, this has meant that they have been looking at ways to grow together to best serve the parish the priests will better be able to get to know different communities and people will be able to connect with priests from different local parishes. Please keep in your prayers the Pastoral Area initiatives at this time.
The Friends of the Holy Land February bulletin is now available click here to read it.
Please remember that on the first Saturday of the month, the noon Mass is for Peace and Justice in the Holy Land.
Over the last year Friend's of the Holy Land supporters have helped achieve the following:
* 40 day care places for elderly ladies at St Martha's House
* 67 places funded at the School of Joy
* 84 families received income support to cover their basic needs
* 176 ad-hoc medical and welfare projects funded
* 229 school/university fees paid
* 400 families received a one-off Easter payment
FHl Monthly Update March 2018
The March edition of the Friends of the Holy land update is available. Please click here to access it. This months edition contains the following
Papal recognition for FHL’s Peter Rand
News on the closure at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem
Total of donations from Bishop Eton for 2017 is £7169.39. Many thanks to all box holders, and promoters for their work.will be emptying the red boxes in the next few weeks. If anyone would like a red box or willing to help collect, contact Ann Monaghan 737 1599.
The following communiques have been received from Friends of the Holy Land representative
The Friends of the Holy Land Newsletter Issue 17 is available - just click here
On Friday 24th November in the Fisher-More Hall your own Parish band aka Benchmark did a Free Gig to raise money for the Friends of The Holy Land, an organization which helps and supports the Christian population of the Holy Land, an area where the number of Christians is falling and which does need our support. Despite thedreadful weat her, some hardy souls braved the night and listened, enjoyed and then bopped the rest of the night away. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and raised £150.00 for the Friends.
Benchmark are hoping to a gig sometime in the New Year to benefit many of the parish charities.
Page 1 of 9
- BELL 19.2.20
- Women's Group Lunch time session 25.2.20
- World Day of Prayer Service 6.3.20
- Vocations Weekend for young women.
- JOURNEY INTO FREEDOM: RETREAT FOR LENT AND EASTER.
- SYNOD Talk with Bishop Egan 17.1.20
- SYNOD Talk 5
- Barn Dance and Ceili 23.2.20
- Walsingham Pilgrimage
- MEDJUGORJE IRISH CENTRE PILGRIMAGES APRIL - OCT 2020:
- Exploring our Faith - restarts 16th January
- Fisher-More Hall - Essential works updated 14.2.20
- REDEDICATION OF ENGLAND AS THE DOWRY OF MARY
- Pope's Prayer Intention February 2020
- Samuel Group - for young people
- Women's Group Newsletter 27th January 2020
- Little Church and Children’s Liturgy
- Hairdresser Required for Project Zimbabwe fundraiser
- 18-35 years old? Passionate about the climate?
- Lourdes with Leisure Time Travel - Oct 2020
- Please join the Gift Aid Scheme
- Safeguarding - Net aware
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- Dementia friendly Afternoon Tea & Singalong Dates for 2020
- Pastoral Area Website
- Year of the Word CAFOD resources
- 6.00pm Readers Rota
- Year of the Word 2020
- Claire House Volunteers
- Portraits of Redemptorists around the world
- Marie Curie Helper Service
- VOLUNTEER WITH NUGENT
- Nugent - Pre-loved campaign
- Safe Internet courses
- THE ARCHBISHOP ROMERO TRUST