CTMH Update 20.6.18
Friday 22nd June
FRIDAY NIGHT IS FILM NIGHT – Elm Hall Drive 7.00 for 7.30pm start
The true story of Jeff Bauman, who lost both of his legs in the 2013 Boston marathon Bombing. Certificate 15. Refreshments before screening and during the interval. All Welcome, Admission free, Donations welcome
EUCHARIST AND SAINT ALPHONSUS
In the run-up to Adoremus 2018, the Maryton Carmelite convent is running a series of talks. on the 27th May Fr Tim was honoured to speak on the Eucharist and St Alphonsus. If you did not manage to attend the majority of his talk is reproduced below
Last weekend at the Royal Wedding in Windsor we had a remarkable demonstration of the power of the preached Word of God. I cannot remember a Christian sermon receiving such universal acclaim across the religious, political and social spectrums. And for me, what was most striking was the simplicity of the message, going to the heart of the Gospel of love. Bishop Michael Curry had been flown in especially for the occasion and some suggested that he stole the show and was the ‘man of the match’.
CTMH Update 6.6.18
Friday 8th June
The Liverpool Harmonic Gospel Choir – St Anne’s, Aigburth 7.30pm
St Anne's Church, Aigburth proudly presents The Liverpool Harmonic Gospel Choir in Concert at 7:30 pm. Tickets cost £6 and are available from the church (Janette Martindell/Ruth McCann/Ian Greenwood) and also online at http://stann.es/tickets .
Refreshments will be available and all proceeds will go towards the St Anne's Space2Grow Project.
CTMH Update 30.5.18
Tuesday 5th June
CREDIT UNION and RIVERSIDE’S FLOATING SUPPORT
Every Tuesday at St Barnabas 10.30am - Noon
St Barnabas Church host a Lodge Lane Credit Union drop-in service in church. A full range of Credit Union services is available.
Also, Liverpool City Council has commissioned a drop-in support service, which is run by the Riverside Housing Floating Support Team and promotes the well-being and independence of vulnerable people in Liverpool. Advice on matters such as, budgeting, debt management, accessing benefits and finding/sustaining accommodation is available.
Tea and coffee is available between 10.30am and noon.
Adoremus National Eucharistic Pilgrimage & Congress 2018
Eucharist is… thanksgiving
When we give thanks at Mass, the past is renewed, the present is transformed, and the future is made already present. In this thanksgiving, hope is generated by recalling past mercies. What we know from the past of the power and love of God gives us confidence in the continued mercy of God despite whatever may be going on in our lives to try us
Adoremus – social media
Bishop Moth speaks about Adoremus 2018
CTMH Update 23.5.18
Friday 25th May
Friday Night is Film Night – Elm Hall Drive 7.00 for 7.30pm start
Poignant father (AA Milne) son drama dealing with heavy themes. Certificate PG. with subtitles. Refreshments before screening and during interval. All Welcome, Admission free, Donations welcome
Contributing to the Resettlement Fund
Several people have been asking about how they can donate to the Resettlement Fund
Donations or standing orders may be made into the following account
Account name: Bishop Eton Resettlement Fund,
Bank: NatWest Allerton Road,
Sort code: 60-01-11
Account number 47505192
One off contributions by cheque, cash
For a one-off contribution please post your cheque made to `Bishop Eton Resettlement Fund` or cash in an envelope (clearly marked 'Resettlement Fund') through the Monastery door
Prayer in Preparation for the Eucharistic Congress 2018
and for Synod 2020
We thank you Father for the love you have shown us in the gift of Jesus, your Son. Keep us grateful each day for the blessings that surround us.
As we are fed by you, so now send us out to share what we have received with our hungry brothers and sisters.
We humbly ask your help to become the Church that you are calling us to be: a community that listens, that trusts, that lives with courage and that puts out its nets into new waters.
May the gentle presence of Christ in our hearts be a source of healing, of new life and of a deeper trust in you. We ask this in faith.
Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord,
Call for Prayer January 25th 2018
Church leaders across Syria have spoken about the faithful’s suffering following military bombardments in a number of the country’s regions and have asked the international community to take note and pray. More information is available at the link in the facebook post from Aid to the Church in Need below.
Page 6 of 11
- Dementia Friendly Afternoon Tea and sing-along
- Bellerive Open Evening
- KSC AND SPUC ROSARY CRUSADE:
- Self Esteem and the Love of God 12-14th July
- Bach Collective "Magnificat" at Liverpool Parish Church
- St Mark’s Church BBQ:
- Organ music at St James Woolton
- Bishop Eton Creation Mass
- St Mary's Shrine Church Warrington - Pro-Life garden fete
- St Edward's Open Evening
- Alpha Course at Animate
- Parish Garden Party on Sunday 30 June.
- St Mary’s College, Crosby
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- Come and See October 2019
- One World Group Afternoon tea - cancellation
- TATTON PARK Coach trip
- SYNOD 2020 - Information gathering
- Dementia Friends' Champion training
- Gergely Juhasz - ordination to the diaconate
- Novena 2019
- Thank you from Fr Charles
- Women's Group Newsletter late May 2019
- SYNOD Listening Sessions and associated information
- Homily at Fr Barrie's funeral
- Redemptorist Vocations Prayer
- St Mary's Parish Pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi
- Catholic Link - Pope Francis minute
- DEFIB and FIRST AID Training for Parishioners 9.6.19
- Parish Garden Party - helpers neeed
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- Archdiocesan Lourdes Pilgrimage Association
- Information Day at Sharing view sharing at the Cathedral
- Cathedral Walking Group 30.6.19
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Celebrate the Child Mass 30.6.19
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group