Christians persecuted in West Africa - please pray
In recent months, we have seen outbreaks of violence & persecution of Christians in West Africa in areas where the Redemptorists live & work.— Redemptorists (@Redemptoristsau) June 7, 2019
These attacks have taken the lives of several priests and many faithful. #Pray4Peacehttps://t.co/DEiDiVWeCa
Next Sunday is World Communications Day:
This year is the 53rd World Communications Day. Pope Francis has issued a letter which is subtitled
“We are members one of another” (Eph 4,25). From social network communities to the human community
it can be read by clicking here
Message from the Church in England and Wales
On this day, Catholics are encouraged to pray for all those professionals who work in Communications. A particularly for those who are responsible for communicating on behalf of the Catholic Church in this country.
The communications office of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales supports the bishops, in their witness and engagement with current issues, and the Church more widely in promoting the Gospel through digital, social, print and broadcast media. The office is the central point for media enquiries and is a key resource for national and international media professionals. It also plays an important role in developing the public profile of the Church through word and image.
The Catholic Church celebrates World Communications Day on 2nd June in 2019, when we are asked to pray for those who work in the media and when a second collection is taken after Mass to fund this important work.
Please help us continue this work through contributing generously to the collection on the day.
Please take a leaflet from the porch. There will be a retiring collection after each Mass or you can donate on line at http://www.catholicnews.org.uk/donate-wcd
Cardinal Nichols on ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ a global prayer movement
CTMH Update 1.5.2019
Friday May 3rd
THE COFFEE STOP Every Friday at Elm Hall Drive Methodist 10:30 – Noon
Meet for coffee and a chat with friends
Open Doors Coffee Morning for Christian Aid
Allerton United Reformed Church – 10.30 to 12 Noon
As well as the usual tea and coffee, there will be home-made cakes; books; a table sale including jewellery; a raffle and nearly-new clothing (women's, men's and children's - many unworn with labels). FREE admission. All donations and sales proceeds to CHRISTIAN AID.
CTMH Update 17.4.2019
May this Easter be a special time of reflection and celebration, from the Crucifixion to the Resurrection of our Redeemer. On Saturday you are invited to join the City Centre Walk of Witness.
Saturday 20th April
Liverpool City Centre Walk of Witness 2pm – 3pm
Chance for Childhood visits Bishop Eton
Thank you so much @Bishop_Eton and @SL_Vineyard for the wonderful welcome in Liverpool 😊 Always so great to meet some of our amazing supporters! Together we will achieve #NoChildForgotten pic.twitter.com/1H7v54Wj6V— Chance for Childhood (@ChanceChildhood) April 4, 2019
Nugent Annual Collection
The Nugent annual collection will take place after Masses today, Sunday 31 March. Gift Aid envelopes are available in the porch. The appeal this year, “In Your Name”, focuses on Caritas projects. Serving children and adults with learning disabilities. As well as your generosity, your prayerful support is of tremendous value to our staff and volunteers and the people Nugent serve. Find out more about Nugent and its projects at www.wearenugent.org
Page 1 of 11
- Dementia Friendly Afternoon Tea and sing-along
- Bellerive Open Evening
- KSC AND SPUC ROSARY CRUSADE:
- Self Esteem and the Love of God 12-14th July
- Bach Collective "Magnificat" at Liverpool Parish Church
- St Mark’s Church BBQ:
- Organ music at St James Woolton
- Bishop Eton Creation Mass
- St Mary's Shrine Church Warrington - Pro-Life garden fete
- St Edward's Open Evening
- Alpha Course at Animate
- Parish Garden Party on Sunday 30 June.
- St Mary’s College, Crosby
- Summer School for Young Adults (18-35)
- CAFOD Climate pilgrimage
- Come and See October 2019
- One World Group Afternoon tea - cancellation
- TATTON PARK Coach trip
- SYNOD 2020 - Information gathering
- Dementia Friends' Champion training
- Gergely Juhasz - ordination to the diaconate
- Novena 2019
- Thank you from Fr Charles
- Women's Group Newsletter late May 2019
- SYNOD Listening Sessions and associated information
- Homily at Fr Barrie's funeral
- Redemptorist Vocations Prayer
- St Mary's Parish Pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi
- Catholic Link - Pope Francis minute
- DEFIB and FIRST AID Training for Parishioners 9.6.19
- Parish Garden Party - helpers neeed
- Your Parish needs you - can you help?
- Churches together - Young Adults' forum
- Fr Tim - Redemptorist Youth Ministry May 2019
- Catholic Parishes helping Syrian Refugees
- There is more to a person than dementia
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Paintings for Zimbabwe
- New App for 16-35 year olds
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- Archdiocesan Lourdes Pilgrimage Association
- Information Day at Sharing view sharing at the Cathedral
- Cathedral Walking Group 30.6.19
- Talk on Spiritual Care at the End of Life:
- Formation Fund
- Celebrate the Child Mass 30.6.19
- Easter Reflections from SYNOD2020
- RLBUHT Chaplaincy volunteers needed
- Animate Gap Year
- Cathedral Concert Society
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group